The latest from Atlas

Wednesday 14 May 2014

Goodbye Amy

Head honchos: Wes and Amy

Next week we will be saying goodbye to our General Manager, Amy, as she heads overseas on the 21st of May for a few months of travel. She will return though and whilst away will be sending updates for the Atlas news page about her adventures abroad. In the meantime, taking the helm at Atlas, will be the very capable hands of Wes McAllister.

Here's what Amy had to tell us about her upcoming expedition.

Why are you heading off and how long are you going for?

I'm heading off to avoid another Kiwi winter in a cold house! I have my NZ residency now so I've got the flexibility to take off for a few months, which is great. Also my boyfriend is from the UK so we're heading to Europe so I get to meet his family. I think we'll be gone for about 4-5 months.

What are you hoping to do whilst you are away?

Learn to ride motocross tracks in England and also do heaps of downhill biking in France. I'll also be checking out some UK breweries and whilst in France a few wineries!

Which countries will you be visiting?

China, the UK, Holland, France, Italy and possibly more!

Anything/anyplace that you are looking particularly forward to?

Spending 6 weeks in a van with my boyfriend, Rich, just going with the flow and seeing where the wind takes us in Europe. Downhill biking in The Alps; catching up with all my old mates in the UK; going to the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup in Fort William, Scotland and hopefully cheering on our local legend, Kate Fluker, at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow!

Last shift?

Tuesday the 20th, I'll be clocking out at 5pm.

Anything else you want to add?

I hope the Atlas team have a wicked Winter and that there's load of snow for all you local legends!


Bon voyage, Amy! We hope you have the best time overseas.